I think our favourite National Trust property by far is Killerton House. The grounds are beautiful and you can either take a short walk or a long walk dependent on your stamina or if you have little legs with you.
What is there to do?
The house and grounds are family-friendly with baby changing and feeding facilities. You can take pushchairs into the house, but some of the off-path walks may be a bit tricky.
There is a children’s play area and several interesting things around the grounds to climb on. Don’t forget to check out the Bear House.
It’s a great place to take a picnic but you can of course opt to go to one of their two cafes for refreshments.
You can also take dogs on leads (not in the house).
Take a walk around the house and discover the history and take part in the Builder Mouse Trail which area dotted throughout the building and see what jobs they’re doing.
Try it Tuesdays – Take the kids along and let them take part in a new sport.
- 1st August – Laser clay shooting and rugby skills.
- 8th August – Frisbee golf and archery.
- 15th August – American football and archery.
- 19th August – Frisbee golf and American football.
- 22nd August – Tennis and cricket.
Wicked Wednesdays – Themed activities for the kids to take part in. Here are the ones upcoming:
- 2nd August – We’re going on a Bear Hunt 2 pm – 4 pm.
- 9th August – Pirates 2pm – 4pm.
- 16th August – Knights, Dragons, and Damsels 2 pm – 4 pm.
- 23rd August – Fairies and Elves 2 pm – 4 pm.
- 30th August – Jungle Explorers 2 pm – 4 pm.
Check out the website for 50 things to do before you’re 11.
They also have a Secret Supper Club which we haven’t experienced ourselves, but it sounds like a really nice thing to do.
10.00am – 5.00pm Every day.
How much does it cost?
What did we think?
We love Killerton. Thankfully Isabelle likes to walk as long as there are interesting things to look at and do along the way. Killerton has everything you need for the perfect family day out so a big thumbs up from us.
Don’t forget to leave us a comment if you’ve been to Killerton – and if you’re looking for inspiration this school holidays then don’t forget to have a look at our #SchoolHols2017 page where we have lots of days out in the South West listed.