Woodlands Family Theme Park
We haven’t been for a while but Woodlands Family Theme Park is a really great place to take the kids. Although it’s a theme park there are loads of open spaces for the kids to run around.
What is there to do?
- Vertigo – New for 2017 (I’m not sure I would be brave enough to go on this) – Minimum height 96cm (accompanied) over 106cm can ride on their own
- Sea Dragon Swing Ship – Minimum height 110cm (accompanied) over 125cm can ride on their own
- Rock n Roll Tugboat – Be prepared to rock, roll and spin! – Minimum height 90cm (accompanied) over 105cm can ride on their own
- Bumper Boats – Get competitive with a go in the bumper boats – Minimum height 90cm (accompanied) – over 140cm can ride on their own
- Seascape Mirror Maze – Be prepared for a unique experience. Imagine the deepest abyss in the ocean. You’re not sure what’s real, Secret Passageways stretch before you forever. This is the baffling Seascape Mirror Maze where Monstrous Sea Creatures mysteriously grow and fade. The Quest is to find the elusive Sea Spirit. Children must be supervised
- Dolphin Toddler Play – For children under 110cm. Lots of fun stuff for the littles to do including a camper van slide
- Jumping Pillow – Minimum height 90cm (accompanied) – Over 120cm can ride on their own
- Tractor Ride – Climb up the life-sized tractors and drive around our very own farmyard. Enjoy looking at all your favourite noisy farm animals as you drive past them
- Pedal Town – Let the kids get carried away racing against each other whilst you can sit and watch
- Safari Adventure Golf – Who doesn’t love a game of mini golf. This 18 hole course has loads of fun features to entertain the whole family
- Meeks Retreat – Meet the Meerkat family
- Big Animal Barn – Here you will find Charlotte the Shire Horse, lambs, calves, goats and ponies
- Pigs Palace – Who doesn’t love a piggy or two
- Reptile House – A fave as these are animals that you are unlikely to come across in every day life so are a bit more interesting. They have a Dwarf Caiman Crocodile, iguanas, bearded dragons, turtles, terrapins and a black throat monitor as well as a selection of snakes
- Rabbit and Guinea Pig City
- Nocturnal House – Do you know what a sugar glider is? You will also get the opportunity to meet raccoons, chinchillas, dwarf mongoose, Egyptian long-eared hedgehogs, rats, and gerbil
- Goat Mountain – I’m like a magnet for goats. Maybe it’s my smell but they always follow me or try and eat my clothes
- Outdoor Paddocks – Meet the alpaca and emu, llamas and Manx sheep
- Parrots Paradise – Full of gorgeously bright coloured birds
- Chicken Run – See how many different kinds of chickens you can spot
- New Babies – If you’re lucky you may see a baby or two
- Sea Monster Zone – Packed full of rides and soft play adventures
- Cyclone Canyon Zone – If waters your thing then head for this zone
- Ninja Zone – This area is for big and small kids to test their agility
- Circus Drome Zone – Here you will find everything from bouncy castles to Master Blaster – something for everyone
- Fantasi Forest Zone – As I said, although this is a theme park there are lots of open spaces where you can wander and discover
- Arctic Zone – I definitely recommend this area with the long slides and assault course
- Indoor Play Area – Great if the weather isn’t great
- Toddler Village Zone – Loads of stuff
- Devon Falconry – Displaying cool birds of prey and owls
Titan the Robot – 15th August 2017
He’s worked with stars including Rihanna and Will smith and will make 3 appearances during the day where he will perform some street theatre, comedy, and music.
Fizzpop Science Workshop and Show – 11th & 18th August 2017
They will be making gooey slime and teach you about friction, from rubbing your hands together to *Dalek Plungers we learn how friction is helpful for us to ‘get a grip’. They will also demonstrate how they can remove friction by adding blasts of air, allowing us to float a willing volunteer around the floor with their very own hoverboard!
Meet the Woodland Superstarz – Throughout the School Holidays.
Emazad the Magician and Friends – Watch him entertain the kids with his balloon skills – Various dates throughout the School Holidays.
Undercover and outdoor picnic areas
9.30am – 6.00pm
For up to date ticket prices see the Woodlands Website
How to find it:
Don’t forget to have a look at all our other suggestions for places to take the kids in Devon whether you live here or are visiting.